Saturday 5 March 2016

Illustration and art direction


It's been a long time since I've posted anything. I don't even think anyone reads this. Lol. But I want to document my process and progress, if not for anyone else, at least for myself! When my memory starts to fail me.
After a long quiet period, I finally built my new workstation, and I'm just about finished with the software installation process. To break up the monotony of software installation I did a couple tests yesterday of some rendering styles that I'd like to work with on my first project out of the gate.
If you have read any of my earlier posts, you would know that I've been collecting 1/6th scale action figures and accessories to use in a stop motion film. However, before I actually animate anything I'd like to create an elaborate story board or set of illustrations. I still intend to photograph the characters in front of the blue screen, but I'd like to color correct them and apply some filters to give them a more painterly look. The pictures in this post are all processed the same way. The tank was created entirely in Maya 3D as was the giant trench digger. The Brad Pitt and Winston Churchill heads are photographs of the 1/6th scale models I possess.
I promise there will be a hell of a lot more to come, now that my computer is back up and running, my hands have healed, and my body is allowing me to work again. Somewhat! Lol






1 comment:

  1. At first glance i thought i was looking at filtered photographs, so awesome job so far :D

    ReplyDelete